Edit Lakatos is the Founder of Tulipane Design, a social enterprise in Belgium that focuses on the creation of ethnic jewellery and aims to fight domestic violence. She also leads creative workshops to pass on weaving as a tool for relaxation. More info on my project can be found here
Diarc helped me to find a new way to communicate with young people and taught me techniques to engage an audience in general. The cards especially are such good ice-breakers for online and in-person events as well, that I will continue using them in the future.
Lessons learned for me and therefore recommended for other artists:
- Include a moderator that provides structure for the training
- Always have an ice-breaker exercise
- Overall training time should be shortened (if online): young people cannotfocus for a long period of time
- Involving an external speaker is key to keep interest
- In-person events are more efficient to engage the audience